Hi friends! In today’s podcast episode, we’re talking about a fitness lover’s worst nightmare:
injuries… and how to deal with them.
It can be SO hard to be patient while you wait to heal. You want to make sure you’re doing everything you need to do for a full recovery and prevent injuries from occurring in the first place. Thankfully, my good friend Jessica Valant is here with tons of amazing tips for dealing with pain and injuries.
In this episode, we discuss:
– How injuries happen in the first place
– When you should use heat and when you should ice
– When is surgery necessary and when we should explore other options
– Cryotherapy (and why we’ll both never do it)
– How a healthy non-injured person can still have access to a Physical Therapist
MY OTHER VIDEOS
– Jessica’s tips for being Healthy In Real Life (such a great one for the upcoming holiday season!)
A little bit about Jessica:
Jessica Valant is the founder of Jessica Valant Pilates. She’s a physical therapist, fitness instructor, Pilates teacher, and mom of two. She has her own membership site and also provides free YouTube and Facebook workouts for her audience. She recently co-founded Momentum Fest with her husband and the dates are set for next year! Be sure to check it out if you’re close to Denver or want to plan a movement-based vacay.
Resources from this episode:
Her AMAZING YouTube channel (she’s super close to hitting 100k subscribers, so help a girl out and click “subscribe!”)
Some of my favorite YouTube videos from Jessica:
Thank you so much for listening and for all of your support with the podcast! Please leave a rating or review if you enjoyed this episode. If you leave a rating, head to this page and you’ll get a little “thank you” gift from me to you.